Translate

Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2014



                                    Chasing Olinger

                                                      by Ascary Morera

We had an opportunity to investigated the old mortuary Olinger. Two times we got the change right before they sold it and The Olinger was no longer going to be a mortuary anymore but a restaurant called the Linger. I think you might of eat there not knowing what it used to be or maybe you did and you don’t care longest it serves good food. By the remolded you were never guess what it used to be if the sign wasn’t hanging there.  The Olinger Mortuary was founded in 1890  Denver, Colorado, and is pretty old and has housed a lot of the dead. According to an employee who does not want to be named, they told me it once housed easily over 100,000 bodies in that old location maybe more. Apparently I’m not the first ghost hunting group to  Scooby doo the place. There have been others like for example a full documentary film maker was traveling through town and happen to investigate this location. They made a brief article on him in the Denver post but I did not get he’s name. I did however found this ghost picture on Google of Olinger kind of cool. There from www.anamparanormal.com they show an orb in three separate pictures kind of cool.

 

It was almost midnight on Saturday when six people got together and decided to all meet at this location. When we entered the old building there was only one light bulb which was turn on and hanging over a work station in the middle of the open space room. I thought perfect this will be H.Q. At the time I had the basic equipment, a night vision camcorder, 2 voice recorders, 4 motion detectors, flash lights, temp gun, cameras. We entered between the startup of the demolition period and was able to walk through at night. First crew was very hyper and excited to enter as for most of them it was their first investigation. For me it was my third but I never had the chance to carry cool equipment just your basic flashlights. Less than an hour  into the investigation I sent up the motion detectors in the shipping and receiving area, and I’m not talking boxes or mail but cadavers. The place smelled of old decay and it was a big area, probably could fit a dozen work vans. One friend said “naw it’s motor oil”. One female friend of mine whose father is a mechanic and she also tinkered with cars said “nope it’s not, oil is black this is a yellow/maroon color and it stinks”. Puddle of this stuff was seen threw out the area. I said “perfect”.  I set up the detectors and I was with a team member. We paired off in groups of two as I seen on the famous show Ghost hunters. After 18 minutes, I check my watch when we got our first light from the detectors turned on, like clockwork the other turned on seconds later heading our way. I flash a photos, and  nothing as I checked later but I said not bad it wasn’t a mouse cause I had the night vision cam on but I forgot one major thing to do. Record button….. yeah I was piss at myself and did not tell my partner at the time. I was too worried on saving energy and just was not thinking. My brother took a picture of a red unformed shape in the upstairs room.  He showed me later but as always it doesn’t look like anything but I believe it but would you probably not. After a couple of hours the other group caught up to us, they had a look of fright and try calling me on the radio. “is your radio on man” my buddy ask now retrying again and he’s voice came in loud and clear this time. We didn’t hear it go on but what did you see anything I asked. “No he replied and the girl with him said nothing. As we all walked we ran into my brother and he’s girl coming from the third floor we headed back to H.Q.  My brother showed me the picture and was excited but like I said a red light in the back wall showed. “Cool” I said then I told him about ours experience and my other scared friend said I’m not feeling good, I feel tired. We all had that drain feeling, after only two hours and only being a little over 2 a.m. I feel tired. My head was bothering me a bit and so was everyone. Maybe it’s all the crap floating around in the air said my friend. We called it in and all of us headed out. The original plan was to stay all night and go out to eat breakfast in some diner and compare notes. When I got home my headache was bad, I took some aspirin and headed to bed. I found out I wasn’t the only one but rest on the others too felt that same way. One friend even had a nightmare about someone chasing him. He was angry at me for taking and showing him this place.

The next Saturday my brother said lets go again and no matter what let’s stay. This time instead of 6 people we were only 2. My brother and myself, and invited a friend who I know they have a little sixth sense in them. I recommend this now to all ghost hunter groups, bring a psychic with you. They feel more, now more, and bring more, evidence if you like.  This time just before we went in the psychic ask did we wear our protecting colors. Which is red or maroon and it could be a t-shirt, yes” we both answered.  When we entered the building my friend lent us the key and refuse to come with us this time.  We went in walked around at first setting up H.Q. again and this time it felt like we did it right. Ask questions, heard a lot of clanking noise in the back room where the boilers was. We ask to repeat the noise again and it did so. Two more times and clank clank in the boiler room, I recorder this time with the rec button on and I selected different filters from night vision, pastel, and a wannabe infrared filter which works up to 5 feet  only to produce nothing bright coloring with no image.  One the second floor my brother found a cold spot. Now a cold spot at least I use to think was a cold spot as in my experience was that whole section of a room was freezing cold. As we went up I saw him sticking he’s hand and with a smile on he’s face “dude check it out and cold spot”. Okay let me explain  the best way this cold spot felt. Picture an invisible floating basketball that is freezing cold and your able to stick your arm threw it and your hand on the other side isn’t cold at all. That is what happened, we took photos but nothing came up but evps. As we continued threw there we did what we said we stood out ground till 3: A.M and after a while at 4:A.M. we decided to call it in and said to regroup tomorrow at my brother’s home to watch and hear what we recorded. Before leaving into our cars the psychic friend told to repeat “You can’t not come home with or fellow me home” giving this orders to the deado’s which we did say, I know my bro thought this was stupid. This time I did not feel tired nor did I have a headhaches at all I felt somewhat okay with the investigation. Not the greatest evidence but enough for us to know there was spirits dwelling there. The next day we sat around listing to the evp’s and you can barely hear a woman’s voice telling our psychic not to pop their knuckles, this happen in the cold spot area. Down stairs you can hear what sounds Italian man saying something. That was cool so to my oppion the old Olinger was haunted and maybe the Linger is still haunted but nothing bad of demonic just some spirits wanting to be heard. Thanks for reading. Some of the images was thanks to Google, Denver Post and www.anamparanormal.com  and the rest is my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment