Translate

Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014


                                                                                                            Zoltar the Magnificent          by Ascary Morera

 


 

So were walking around in Chinatown San Francisco and I’m with three other people and I happen to stumble onto a fortune telling machine. ZOLTAR. Do you remember the machine in the movie Big with Tom Hanks, same thing. Just before we saw a psychic palm reader earlier and I thought “should I? nah better save my money. I’m thinking like I’m going to walk into a weird and mystical Chinese shop that has weird and magical items, like a monkey paw that grants three wishes or a Mogwai, a cute creature that you can’t feed after midnight. No such luck, so the Zoltar, the fortune telling machine was only a buck, with no hesitation I pull out my wallet. Insert it and receive my fortune as the machine talked and said.  “If you subdue yourself and return  to the practice of what is right” and blah blah blah. After the talk he gives you a card with your fortune on it. To my surprise I read and it and “whoa just about word per word was very accurate to what I was thinking and what was going on with me. Just before I saw and took a picture of the famous three monkeys, Say no evil, hear no evil, see no evil statue for sale. The others one by one put in there dollar and receive their fortunes which was also accurate to what was going on in their lives. They all seemed very content and also puzzled by why a machine would give a great life advice. Of course I have a theory on this subject, why would a mechanical talking doll would gave awesome and accurate advice to soo many people. I was told by a Native American friend said machines could have souls and could be alive. People talk to their cars all the time.  I also think if you as a human beings could harness and focus your energy of belief  onto an object, say for example The Zoltar machine, do we want it to tell us something magical and true, anything is possible in this world and I say yes. Seeing my other companions faces when they read their Zoltar card, they were at first thought of the idea as just kids having fun but as soon as they read on their face said it all. How does this machine know me, and how it could know or isn’t just a coincidence? Ascary Morera

 

No comments:

Post a Comment